Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Star Wars: Overheard in the office (not mine)

Can't Wait 'Til He Puts on the Darth Vader Mask and Tells the Baby He's Her Father
Woman #1: Hey! Look at you! I didn't know you were back from maternity leave
.
Woman #2: Yeah, I just came back yesterday.

Woman #1: I saw the pictures you emailed. She's adorable. I remember you were worried about labor. How'd it go?

Woman #2: Not too bad, actually. Kind of what I expected. Although I punched my husband and threatened divorce during the worst of it.

Woman #1: Are you serious? What did he do?

Woman #2: Right when my contractions were about two minutes apart, he got nervous and attempted to distract me. So he kept making that ooohbah, ooohbah noise that those robot things made in Revenge of the Sith.

Woman #1: Omigod! I know what you're talking about. What a jerk! That's so funny, though.

Woman #2: Yeah, I know. We laugh about it now. But at the time I punched him in the stomach and called him a bastard. I told him if he opened his mouth again even to cough, we were getting a divorce. Poor guy wouldn't even talk to the nurses after that.

777 Eisenhower Parkway
Ann Arbor, Michigan

via Overheard in the Office, Sep 18, 2006

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

No comments: