Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I am Number 17

At a recent Halloween party I went dressed as "Prisoner 17" from the ITV series, "The Prisoner."

I think the outfit rocks, but most people don't get the reference. Granted my outfit is still missing the white trim of the jacket, but I am working towards that. It seems that many people did not catch the 17 original episodes that first aired in 1968. I only saw it because PBS and YTV aired it in late-late-late night reruns in the late 80's and early 90's.

There is talk of bringing back the series in 2007, and/or a movie version in 2009. Mayhaps my costume is just years ahead of its time, and not 38 years out of date.

Be seeing you.

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great costume :)

Wasn't The Prisoner the series that was filmed in that weird hamlet where an architect designed and built the entire place years ago?

Drhaggis said...

Yep. The exteriors were shot in Portmeirion and the architect in question is Sir Bertram Clough Williams-Ellis.