Thursday, February 15, 2007

Best (and only) films from 2006

Cruising through Kevin Smith's Blog, "My Boring Ass Life," I come along this recent entry on the best films from 2006.

Kevin lists off 219 films in a"a fairly comprehensive list of all the major theatrical releases of last year [2006]," Then he lists the 80-90 films he actually watched, and gave his top ten list for the year. I did the same thing. From the 219 films Kevin listed, I have seen 11.

So by default, here is my list of best films from 2006:
  • UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION
  • V FOR VENDETTA
  • ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN
  • MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3
  • OVER THE HEDGE
  • X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
  • SUPERMAN RETURNS
  • PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN’S CHEST
  • CLERKS II
  • SNAKES ON A PLANE
  • PAN’S LABYRINTH
I saw parts of "Nacho Libre," "The Da Vinci Code" and "Inside Man" on various plane trips, but not the whole thing, so I don't have them on the list. "Inside Man" was terminated before the ending of the film, leaving the whole flight in the dark about the secret twist ending (spoiler). Technically I also left the room before the end of "Underworld: Evolution," but I rented that one so I "paid to see it."

Is this a normal number of films to see over a year? Should I get out more?

No comments: