Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 year in review

I have only made 48 posts to Slashboing this year, half as many as I did in 2008. My reduction in blogging can probably be traced to my use of Twitter. Where I used to develop an idea until I could justify a whole blog post, now I reduce the idea to 140 characters and tweet it. When I see a cool youtube video or link it is much easier to click a "tweet this" button than it is to compose a new post.

So what things made me cross the twitter/blogger threshold and actually compose a Slashboing post? Let us summarize, as is the custom of the season.

January: Steampunk, Death of Richardo Montalban.

February: Absolutely nothing. February must've sucked.

March: Watchmen, Kutiman, Lost, Science Fiction, Cocktails, Rachel Maddow, Doctor Who.

April: Star Wars, Joyful Public Dancing, Science Fiction Conventions

May: Bacon Vodka, Pegwarmers

June: My video making hobby starts, Steampunk, John Hodgman, Longevity of SF television shows

July: 52 weeks of video, Twitter, Dungeons and Dragons, Nipples of Fry and Laurie.

August: Steampunk, Star Trek, Dragoncon, GI-Joe, Complementary comedic sketches

September: Steampunk, Dungeons and Dragons

October: I attempt to memeify the moon bombing, Lost Skeleton

November: Three loves of Pho, Community and 3-2-1 Contact

December: Christmas comments and this review.

This was the year that I started playing D&D for the first time, and decided to blog about it. I started Noob in the Dungeon so I could document the game, and not OVERLOAD Slashboing. I post a record low for yearly posts, and I start a second blog so as not to have too many posts on one topic.

Here's to 2010.

No comments: